- You must be at least 18 years old to get tattooed.
- All procedures require a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID). Absolutely no exceptions!
- We will not pierce anyone under the age of 13. Every piercing except earlobes requires parental consent. If you are under the age of 18, you must have a parent or legal guardian come with you. The parent/legal guardian must have a government-issued ID and the signed and dated *notarized consent form*. This form can be printed out on our website.
- The shop minimum for tattoos is $100. We accept cash or credit. No personal checks will be accepted as payment.
- Tattoo Maven will not tattoo or pierce anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone!
- Due to the possible risks involved, Tattoo Maven will not pierce or tattoo women who are pregnant or nursing.
- We cannot give you price quotes for tattoos over the phone or Internet. You must come by the shop and speak with an artist for a more accurate price estimate.
- Children are not allowed to stay for a tattoo procedure. If you have an appointment, please make sure you arrange for childcare ahead of time.
- No pets allowed. However, service dogs specifically trained to aid a person with a disability are welcomed in the lobby area only.
- Our gift certificates expire one year from the date of purchase. They are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Lost or stolen gift certificates will not be re-issued.
- Out of respect for our artists, please arrive on time for your tattoo appointment. If you are more than 30 minutes late, you forfeit your booking fee.
- All booking fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, with no exceptions.
BOOKING FEE/ CANCELLATION POLICY:
- At Tattoo Maven, we require a cash booking fee for all appointments. All booking fees are NONREFUNDABLE* and applied to the cost of the tattoo including the supplies and time needed to draw up your tattoo. It also confirms your appointment time on our calendar. The booking fee must be left in cash at the shop. If you live outside of Long Island, New York please email the shop.
- For multi-sessions tattoos, the NONREFUNDABLE* booking fee will be held as payment towards the last session of the tattoo.
A cash booking fee is a must. Again, all booking fees are nonrefundable.
- *In the event that your artist chooses to the end their employment with Tattoo Maven, your nonrefundable booking fee will be transferred to one of our other highly experienced and licensed artists of your choice.
In the event that your artist is terminated from Tattoo Maven, you will have the option to transfer your booking fee or your cash booking fee will be refunded in full.
- **Nonrefundable is defined as “(of a sum of money) that cannot be returned”; “not subject to refunding or being refunded”.
Oxford Dictionary & Merriam-Webster Dictionary
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Eat a good meal. If you don’t have time, you are welcomed to bring snacks and drinks with you.
- Wear or bring comfortable clothing so the artist can easily access the area being tattooed.
- Make sure you bring your government-issued ID with you to fill out our consent form.
- You can bring a friend for moral support (they are NOT allowed in the tattooing area) with you but can wait in the lobby so please limit it to just one!